Mexican Avenue Corn Coleslaw
Prep Time: 15 minutes Overall Time: 15 minutes Servings: 16(8 1/2 cup servings)
An simple to make coleslaw with all of the flavours of Mexican avenue corn!
- 8 cups eco-friendly cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 2 cups corn (fresh or thawed)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup cotija (or feta), crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (or cayenne) (or to style)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the cabbage, corn, jalapeno, inexperienced onion and cilantro.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Blend the coleslaw and dressing and either get pleasure from straight away or, far better but, allow it sit in the fridge for an hour to right away to allow the flavours mingle!
Selection: Grill or saute the corn in butter just before incorporating to the slaw!
Option: Switch some of the mayo with sour cream or basic yogurt.
Choice: Insert 2 tablespoons of parmesan.