Beef Tostadas are layered with creamy refried beans, taco-seasoned beef, and an assortment of flavorful toppings piled substantial on crispy tostada shells. This mouth watering tostada recipe requires Taco Tuesday to a full new degree.
478 Energy49g CARBS16g Excess fat39g PROTEIN
Quick Floor Beef Tostadas Recipe
These delicious 20-minute Ground Beef Tostadas are the quick evening meal you have been hunting for! These selfmade crispy baked tortillas topped with beans, taco meat, tons of veggies, and cheese are a food everyone will appreciate. Incorporate all your most loved toppings and salsa.
In case you had been at any time curious, the identify ‘tostada’ will come from the Spanish phrase for ‘toasted’. The tostada is a golden corn tortilla of crispy consistency and rough texture. Built with a tostada shell topped with refried beans, shredded cheese, lean floor beef, and salsa, these drool-worthy beef tostadas are in essence the Mexican model of an open up-faced sandwich. We also like them with turkey, beans, or shrimp.
Quick to make and excellent for feeding a group, beef tostadas are my go-to selection for loved ones dinners and get-togethers. All you require to do is bake your tortillas, prepare your taco meat and beans, then pile your tostadas superior with toppings and dig in! You can lower the prep time even even further by opting for readymade tostada shells from the grocery keep.
The finest issue about this recipe is that it is extremely customizable. The mixtures are countless and it can take really minor time to toss them jointly. I really like location out a bunch of distinct toppings in person bowls so my family members can enhance their tostadas with their favorites. No matter if you are hunting for the supreme match evening dish or a fun twist on Taco Tuesday, you are going to like these beef tostadas.
Here’s what you will require to whip up a batch of these delicious beef tostadas:
- Corn tortillas. The foundation for our tostada, corn tortillas, can be both baked or pan-fried. I desire to bake them simply because you can make a lot more at at the time, but it’s entirely up to you! Alternatively, you could use retail store-bought tostada shells.
- Refried beans. Not only do refried beans add tons of protein and good flavor, but they serve as the fantastic foundation layer for the tostada so that all your other toppings continue to be in put.
- Lean ground beef. I like to use lean ground beef for my taco meat, but experience no cost to use floor turkey or chicken as an alternative if you choose. For a vegetarian tostada, you could leave the beef out completely and adhere to refried beans as the principal protein supply.
- Taco seasoning. For a fast and simple resolve, pick up a packet of taco seasoning from the global aisle at your nearby grocery keep. Even so, if you have the time and electricity, you can make your have from scratch utilizing my straightforward handmade taco seasoning recipe.
- Salsa. Decide on your most loved salsa or make your own—mild, medium, or hot all work wonderful. Test them with pico de gallo, chipotle sauce, or corn salsa.
- Toppings. This is wherever you can actually permit your creativeness shine. Some of my preferred tostada toppings contain shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, shredded cheese, and fresh new avocado. Even so, sense free of charge to select whichever you like.
What Toppings to Use For Tostadas?
With tostadas, the options are unlimited! Everything that could go on a taco can also go on a tostada. Here are some recommendations to swap up your beef tostadas:
- Shredded cabbage
- Pickled pink onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Quesco fresco
- Jalapeno slices
- Fresh avocado
- Fresh new herbs (cilantro, parsley, chives)
- Bitter cream
- Greek yogurt
- Sizzling sauce
What to Provide with Beef Tostadas
Nevertheless tostadas are extremely hearty and satisfying all on their possess, they are usually served with traditional Latin American dishes. Listed here are some well-liked alternatives:
- Pozole. Pozole and tostadas make for the ideal food for any situation. I appreciate generating a substantial pot of pozole, location up the toppings for a tostada bar, and calling good friends about for a get-jointly. The mixture of the different textures is just so gratifying.
- Ceviche. Ok, you can not be stunned to see this 1 below. I have gone on and on about my love for home made ceviche prior to and I have even received a tostada recipe that options the dish – Ceviche Tostadas. Who doesn’t appreciate a tiny surf and turf?
- Antojitos. Virtually translating to “little cravings”, antojitos refer to Mexican appetizers. Some of my favorites to pair up with tostadas consist of Aguachile Shrimp, Puebla Design and style Rice, and quesadillas. They are a enjoyable way to preserve men and women guessing and a wonderful accompaniment to some refreshing cocktails.
How to Retailer the Dish
This recipe calls for a meat-dependent filling that you can get ready in advance and keep in the freezer. To thaw, just enable the meat sit in the fridge overnight and then reheat about the stove.
While I am relatively particular you will finish up devouring each and every bite, you can surely preserve the leftovers. Store the tostada shells in an airtight container with a sheet of parchment paper between them to absorb extra dampness. They will remain contemporary on the counter like this for up to 2-3 times.
The toppings can be saved in individual airtight containers as follows:
- In the fridge for up to 5 days.
- In the freezer for up to 3 months.
Regularly Asked Issues
Listed here are the responses to some of the most regularly questioned queries about this beef tostadas recipe:
A tortilla is a flat round bread created out of cornmeal or flour. A tostada is a flat tortilla that has been fried or toasted, then topped with seasoned meat or veggies and other toppings. Imagine of the tortilla as the “before” to the tostada’s “after.”
If you are employing packaged shells, warmth them at 350°F for 4 to 5 minutes (or right up until you can smell the aromas). Really don’t keep them in the oven for way too long, just warmth them enough to evenly toast them.
If you are earning tostada shells at household, lay them specifically on the oven rack and bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes right until golden and crispy.
‘Refried’ would not signify the beans have been fried two times. The word will come from the Spanish identify for the dish—frijoles refritos. In Spanish, ‘refritos’ usually means ‘well-fried’.
Not in the temper for beef? Experience no cost to swap it out for ground turkey, rooster, or even shrimp. For vegan choices, you can use crumbled tofu, ground mushrooms, lentils, black beans, or tempeh.